Saturday, May 8, 2010

Okay, time to qualify some earlier statements

So it turns out it wasn't the silver solder that sucks, it's the soldering iron tip. Got some non-RoHS solder today, and it worked a little better, but still not what I'm used to. So that leaves the soldering iron tip (and possibly my non-use of pre-tin) as the culprit. Oh well.

Also I have learned that programming embedded systems in C++ is a whole lot more trouble than it's worth. It can be elegant to go object-oriented, but then it turns out that the Arduino compiler I'm using doesn't really support "new" and "delete" (yeah, kinda important for OOP), and then I tried to make a template class and that didn't work...I think the limitations of the embedded platform just make it easier to think in C than C++.

Got Hello World with non-blocking serial code working on the Arduino, next up is Arduino-AHRS SPI communications.

No comments:

Post a Comment